Lanai Restaurant

Lanai Restaurant
From My Home Town of San Mateo

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Window Blinds and Treatments

The Wahine has alot of windows, which actually is a plus for when you are camping and want to let the sun shine in.  I decided to break up the trailer in my mind in sections.  The front section, which has the large front window and two side windows, then the galley and dinette area windows.  What tiki trailer would be complete without fine matchstick bamboo curtains?  I ordered several nice sets in light natural color from Brookstone online and managed to get them on sale.  So the back window and dinette windows will have bamboo curtains and fabric valances above, made with my tiki fabric.  This should make for a nice finished look.  These curtains are not custom.  Each are 24" in length.  If I had custom made, each would be in the $65 range, which is too pricey.  They will fit these windows nicely.  As for the front window and two front side windows, they will get my custom sewn lined curtains in the same tiki fabric as the valances in the rear.  I like the idea of a light fabric background to keep things bright in the trailer.  Lining the curtains is a "must" in my book.  I have made curtains before that weren't lined and they not only faded quickly, but you could see through them at night with the light on.  Here's the fabric and bamboo curtains:

I won't use the bamboo valances, just fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment