Lanai Restaurant

Lanai Restaurant
From My Home Town of San Mateo

Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's Cold Outside But We Gotta Make Some Headway!

It's President's weekend in 2012, and very gringey outside...but I put on my wool sweater and proceeded to do more painting.  Sometimes when you make the decision to go bold and paint the interior of your vintage travel trailer with a fresh color, you might think "is this too much"?  I had those thoughts today.  I decided that even though there will be alot of tropical green in the Wicked Wahine, the floor will be bamboo and the ceiling will be a light natural seagrass color, which will offset some of the green walls and cupboards.  When I get my tiki lounge decor in, it will detract the eye away from all the green paint, so I decided, what the heck, I'm gonna do it.  I pulled all the hardware from the cabinets and cleaned them up and painted them a flat black.  This is really a different concept for me, as other trailers, I have painted hardware gold or bronze.  But there is black in the curtain fabric and I actually think it will look kinda cool.  We'll see when all is said and done.  I believe that when ladies such as myself create a special decor for their cool little hideaway, it's very personal, just like decorating your house or decided what type of clothes to wear.  It's fun anyway to use your creativity and create something different.  Here's a few pics of what I accomplished in a few hours....



1 comment:

  1. Omg this was so helpful. I just bought my fist trailer a 1968 Land Commander and I was really scared but this made me so much more confident. Thank you and it looks great
    Toby

    ReplyDelete